for expert service
LED Light Tubes
Original price $5.08 - Original price $89.97Original price$5.08 - $89.97$5.08 - $89.97Current price $5.08| /
diffuser tube only - end caps, LED strip and all other accessories are sold separately Please contact us for a custom complete LED fixture using th...View full detailsOriginal price $5.08 - Original price $89.97Original price$5.08 - $89.97$5.08 - $89.97Current price $5.08| /Sale Sale
Original price $13.67 - Original price $273.31Original price$13.67 - $273.31$13.67 - $273.31Current price $13.67| /
diffuser tube only - end caps, LED strip and all other accessories are sold separately Please contact us for a custom complete LED fixture using th...View full detailsOriginal price $13.67 - Original price $273.31Original price$13.67 - $273.31$13.67 - $273.31Current price $13.67| /Sale Sale
Original price $4.72 - Original price $104.33Original price$4.72 - $104.33$4.72 - $104.33Current price $4.72| /
diffuser tube and heat dissipation plate only - all accessories sold separately Please contact us for a custom complete LED fixture using this tu...View full detailsOriginal price $4.72 - Original price $104.33Original price$4.72 - $104.33$4.72 - $104.33Current price $4.72| /Sale Sale
Best variety of LED diffuser tubes for sale online
Wired4Signs USA stocks an exciting range of polycarbonate LED light tubes, including our very own Smokies series. LED tube lights offer a uniquely interesting option for creating artistic lighting fixtures for permanent and temporary installations and are particularly effective when combined with RGB or programmable RGB pixel LED strips for colorful effects.
Highlights of our LED light tubes
- We stock our LED light tubes and accessories at our warehouse in Knoxville, Tennessee, and can ship to all parts of the USA.
- Our black light diffuser tubes or black LED tube lights are excellent for stage lighting tubes.
- We build custom LED tube lighting and color-changing LED tube lights with the help of our CNC machinery.
- We can make pendant tube lights or LED ceiling tube lights to your specifications.
- We machine our end caps for LED tube light diffusers
What are LED diffuser tubes?
LED diffuser tubes are translucent, rigid plastic tubes with an LED light source installed inside. These round led channels are typically made of polycarbonate or methacrylate plastic. The purpose of the LED light tube is to:
- a structure to protect, accommodate and hide the LED strip
- diffuse the light emitted by the LED strip
The LED strip is mounted onto an aluminum heat dissipation plate which is installed inside the frosted diffuser tube. This helps to draw the heat away from the LED strip and makes it easy to slide the strip into the diffuser tube.
These LED lighting tubes present a solid color – either white or smoky black – when off but boldly take on the LED color across their entire surface when illuminated, creating a stunning visual effect.
LED tube light systems consist of the frosted diffuser tube itself, an aluminum heat dissipation plate, and various end caps and mounting bracket options. LED diffuser tubes can be cut to size to fit the application, or we will cut them to length for you. (See our blog for tips for cutting led channels.)
Pros & Cons of LED tube lights
- LED diffuser light tubes light up their entire surface to create a fully illuminated tube for eye-catching effects.
- Smoky black polycarbonate LED diffuser tubes are used to create lights that can be hidden from the eye when they are off and yet boldly catch your attention when on.
- Programmable RGB pixel LEDs can create impressive "living" lights.
- Care is required to seal the wire entry and end caps if the tube is used outdoors.
- Because the aluminum LED mounting plate is completely enclosed in the polycarbonate tube, the maximum LED power that can be installed is limited to prevent excessive heat build-up.
- Our LED strip tube diffuser is a great alternative to Astera tube LED lights and the Nanlite PavoTube, as it is fully customizable to your specification.
How to install LED light tubes
Step-by-step guides or drawings are usually available for each type of LED tube diffuser, but these are the basic steps for setting up your installation:
- Decide what diameter tube you required for your LED light.
- Decide what color (or RGB) LED strip you want.
- Pick an LED strip of your chosen color that matches the maximum width and power rating specified for your LED tube.
- Work out the total wattage of your installation as per the cut sheet of the LED strip.
- Choose the correct rating and features for your LED drivers based on your installation requirements taking into account, for example, whether you require dimming, etc. More on this subject can be found on our blog about choosing the right LED driver.
Why buy LED tube lights from us?
- Our polycarbonate LED diffuser tubes are robust, and all components are made in the USA or Europe.
- Our LED strip is manufactured in European to high-quality standards and is normally stocked and supplied from the USA.
- We have developed our own LED diffuser tube product range and can design and produce customized products for you.
- Our sales staff are experienced and can provide excellent support and ideas for your LED tube lighting project.
Frequently asked questions
Q: Do LED diffuser tube lights come complete with LEDs?
A: No, you will need to choose what color and power LED strip lights you want.
Q: Does the LED tube come with pre-made corners?
A: Some of our models have ready-made corners in the accessories section at the bottom of each product page. Some joints are translucent, and some are solid color plastic or metal.
Q: If I send a list of the various lengths of LED tube lights to you, will you cut to size, and will there be a charge?
A: No, there is no charge for cutting LED diffuser tube profiles. All you need to do is either insert the information into the order comments or contact one of the staff on the live chat with your requirements.
Q: I am looking for good ideas as to where to use LED tubes in my studio. Can you help me?
A: LED tube lights can be highly effective as clustered suspended light tubes, band stage effects (especially with programmable RGB strip), or as illuminated border framing for other stage elements.
Q: How long do led tube lights last?
A: There are several determining factors to answering this question, as it depends on the type of led strip installed and the ventilation and cooling of the led strip.
Q: How do led tube lights work?
A: The led tubes are sold together with the led mounting plate. The customer needs to choose the desired leds and all other accessories.
Q: How to dispose of led tube lights?
A: Led tubes do not contain mercury or glass like traditional fluorescent tubes so that they can be disposed of like any other plastic material or electronic waste.
Q: How to wire led tube lights?
A: The led tubes operate on whatever voltage leds are put inside and will need to be powered by a led driver.
Q: How to wire led tube lights without ballast?
A: The easiest way is to discard the existing wiring and install a new led driver, and power the tube directly from those.