Handy Tips for Quoting Signage
Lets start with - Sign Design
- Will the cabinet be fabricated from acrylic or aluminum sign extrusion
- What is the intended face panel material and its thickness
- Will the face be fabricated, built up or vacuum formed
- Does the cabinet need edge-lit or back-lit illumination
- Is the cabinet single sided or double sided
- Will the letters be fabricated from acrylic or aluminum
- What is the intended face panel material and its thickness.
- Will the letters be fabricated, built up or vacuum formed
- Do the letters have HALO illumination - halo LED’s are installed to back of the face to illuminate the background installed sign.
- What is the main color in the artwork - to help choose LED color.
- Color spectrum of LED’s required - some applications need warm white and others cool white etc.
- What is the background material and color.
- Will the signage illuminate only through the face or the returns as well.
What is the size?
- Size of the sign cabinet (length x height) - this will determine the layout and type of LED required.
- Depth of the sign cabinet from face to backing - this will determine how close the LED units will be spaced apart.
Channel Letter Sign
- Height of the letters and width of the stroke - this will determine the layout and type of LED required.
- Depth of the letters from face to backing - this will determine how close the LED units will be spaced apart.
Where will the sign be installed?
- Top of a building or ground level - this will determine a good visible color.
- Indoors or outdoors - this will determine waterproof or non waterproof.
- Where are the power supplies be installed - this will determine waterproof or non waterproof.
How can we help ?
- Our LED Wizard will work wonders for your efficiency. Just send us your artwork in a VECTOR/HAIRLINE format. PDF , .DWG , .AI , . DXF are all acceptable file types.
- We value the confidentiality of each of your projects so rest assured that all information is kept strictly private.
- Send us the layout and as much information from the above guidelines as possible and we will gladly provide you with a free quotation with all the information you need.