for expert service
Avoid costly LED PSU installation mistakes
To ensure maximum life of your LED PSU (Power supply unit) we provide some useful tips
- Ensure that the environment the PSU is installed in does not exceed the maximum ambient temperature specified by the manufacturer. e.g. If the unit is installed inside a weather-proof box, ensure the ambient temperature inside the box does not exceed the maximum ambient temperature spec of the relevant PSU. e.g. HLG240-12A Ta = 50°C
- Ensure ample ventilation around the unit at all times.
- Ensure that the unit is installed horizontally and not vertically as this has a detrimental effect on the dispersion of heat through the unit.
- Ensure that the operating temperature of the unit never exceeds its maximum operating temperature specified by the manufacturer. e.g. HLG240-12A Tc = 90°C
- Ensure that the material that the PSU is mounted on is capable of dispersing heat, e.g. Aluminum disperses of heat whereas wood is an insulator and can lead to heat build up.
- Ensure that the PSU has been secured in the correct manner, i.e. Fixed down with screws/bolts and not hanging by the wires.
- Ensure that the spacing between PSU’s is at a minimum distance of 100mm.
- Ensure all connections are sealed to prevent corrosion.
- Ensure that the correct gauge wire is used to and from the PSU.
- We recommend that a safe load margin of 70 – 80% is applied when installations are in areas of warmer climate. Consult the product spec sheet for load at ambient temperature graph.
- Ensure that the correct load current rated connectors are used.
- Ensure that the connectors used make excellent connection with the wire used. i.e. Use compressed plate connectors, splicers, etc. rather than standard screw terminal blocks.
- When your installation is on a large building, ensure that lightning/surge protection, reliable earthing and solid state circuit-breakers are present and fully functional.
- Ensure that your mains power is stable and clean. e.g. A building with a number of lifts or heavy machinery can influence the quality of power. If the installation is poor, large voltage drops can be experienced and effect the life of the PSU.
- We recommend that the transformers are mounted in an easily accessible area for maintenance purposes.
Our years of experience have taught us to only sell brands that have been tried and tested in the harshest environments. See our indoor LED PSU and outdoor LED PSU range here
Well-designed lighting is crucial in modern office spaces. It boosts productivity and creates a comfortable atmosphere for employees and clients. The Office Lighting Inspiration Gallery is a perfect resource for office lighting design ideas. One of the most popular office...
LED lighting is essential for creating an inviting atmosphere in playgrounds and restaurants. The right lighting can improve the mood of customers, increase sales and create a safer environment. It's important to consider both the color and temperature of the lighting when designing the lighting system. RGB exterior lighting provides a creative and energy-efficient solution, while path lights and synchronized LED lights are popular outdoor lighting ideas. A customized lighting system, such as a Bluetooth outdoor light system, can be used to control the lighting and create a cozy illuminated spot. Contact Wired4signs USA to receive assistance with choosing the right lighting system for your space.Read now
Discover the innovative solution of the Up-Tile10 Tiled Stair Nosing LED Channel, combining traditional stair nosing with the added benefits of LED lighting. Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, this versatile product offers a full service experience, including installation by professionals.Read now