Skirting & Baseboard LED Lighting Profile ~ Model Skirt10
Items over 2.4m (8ft) in length require LTL freight shipping which is more expensive than regular parcel service. Please refer to our Shipping Policy for further information.
Profile only - diffuser, end caps and all other accessories are sold separately
What is the Skirt10 LED channel?
Skirt10 is a skirting or baseboard lighting channel with a reflective cove in the profile which is designed to allow LED lighting to shine indirect light onto the floor. This channel is ideal for accent illumination in passageways, hallways and corridors. It can also be used for baseboard accent lighting in kitchens. The baseboard or skirting lighting system consists of a base profile which is mounted to the wall and houses the LED strip, and a cover profile which is clipped on after installation. This profile is available in anodized silver or white.
Pros & Cons of the Skirt10 LED channel
- Modern, elegant alternative to wooden baseboards
- Rust proof and rot proof
- Simple installation with hidden screws
- Space to hide cables
- Matching non-illuminated profile available
- More expensive than traditional baseboards
- Requires electrical knowledge to install the LED lighting
- Requires aluminum cutting tools (read more about cutting profiles in our blog)
Specifications for the Skirt10 LED channel
- Overall dimensions: 72.9mm x 14mm (2.87" x 0.55")
- Continuous line of light when using 60 LEDs/m strip
- Maximum width of LED strip: 10mm
- Recommended for use with carpets or matt floor surfaces
How to install the Skirt10 LED channel
Please refer the Skirt10 cut sheet for detailed instructions and dimensions.
- Fine-tooth hacksaw (or miter saw with aluminum blade)
- Soldering iron
- Read about cutting aluminum profiles first.
- Cut the base and cover components together to ensure an accurate fit.
- First cut miter angles for corner joints if required.
- Next, cut the profile to the required length allowing 2mm (5/64") space for each end cap.
- Cut the diffuser to the same length as the aluminum base profile, using scissors for the A Slide diffuser or a fine-tooth hacksaw for the C2 Click diffuser.
- Drill screw holes through the wiring spaces of the base profile approximately every 500mm (20").
- Screw the base profile to the wall.
- Use the matching linear or corner connectors to ensure neat joints.
- Do not install the diffuser or cover profile until the electrical installation is completed.
- Please use a licensed electrician for all wiring work.
- Drill wiring holes as required vertically between the upper wiring space and the LED strip mounting recess.
- Drill wiring holes as required through the back of the base profile into the wall.
- Cut the LED strip to the required length, ensuring that you cut the tape at the indicated positions.
- Install the LED strip into the base profile with the self-adhesive tape.
- Solder wiring links between LED strip segments, for example at corners.
- Thread supply wires though the wiring holes to the LED strip and solder them to the strip.
- Connect the supply wires to the LED power supply.
- Connect the LED power supply to the lighting circuit.
- Test that the LED strip is working as expected.
Finishing the installation:
- Slide in or clip in the LED diffuser.
- Clip on the cover profile by positioning it on the lower side and then pressing the top edge towards the wall until it clips into place.
- Press end caps onto any open ends of the channel.
- Enjoy your new indirect lighting feature.
Downloads for the Skirt10 LED channel
Why buy the Skirt10 LED channel from us?
Wired4Signs offers top quality LED profiles from trusted European and USA manufactures with whom we have established strong relationships. We do not deal in cheap, low quality products from eastern copycat manufacturers. Furthermore, we keep our own stock in the USA for most of our product range.
Wired4Signs has many years of practical experience in LED lighting and is ready to offer your personal advice and assistance in selecting the appropriate products for your application.
Frequently asked questions about the Skirt10 LED channel
Q) Can you cut my LED channel for me?
A) Sure! Just leave a note on your order with clear cutting instructions.
Q) Do you accept returns?
A) Yes, we will accept returns provided the product is returned as new. We cannot refund products which have been cut to size. Read our returns policy for all the details.
Q) Does the Skirt10 profile only work for baseboard lighting?
A) No, you could use this product for other applications such as an illuminated crown molding or ceiling cornice. Use your imagination to create interesting lighting effects!
Q) But doesn't LED lighting give the room a cold feeling?
A) No, LED lighting does not need to look "cold". The warmth or coldness of lighting is known as its "color temperature" and we offer LED strips ranging from ultra-warm white to cold white. Read about choosing your LED strip.
Q) I would like to add matching lighting to my existing installation - Can you supply me more of the same product?
A) We have strong relationships with our suppliers and aim for long market cycles. Provided the manufacturer themselves has not discontinued your required profile, we will be able to help you.
- LED strip, covers, mounting brackets, end caps, shelf/sign panels and other accessories are sold separately from the aluminum profile. Select the available components below.
- Please note that raw or natural profiles or channels are not anodized and need to be coated or painted, or they will oxidize over time in outdoor applications.
- LED profiles can easily be cut by hand or by machine.
- For your convenience Wired4Signs USA can cut LED profiles according to your requirements. Please leave instructions in the order comment box.
- We can also assemble a plug and play light fitting with this profile according to your specifications.
- Please note that we cannot refund or replace LED profiles and covers that have been cut.
- Items in stock are shipped the same day from Knoxville, Tennessee, United States.
- Bulk pricing is available on request
Common search terms for the Skirt10 LED channel
Baseboard lighting, Baseboards with lights, Baseboard lighting DIY, LED baseboards, LED lights baseboard, Baseboard LED lighting, LED lights in baseboards, baseboard with LED lighting, Floor baseboard lighting, Kitchen baseboard lighting, or Hallway baseboard lighting