Black/Cream 2-part Methacrylate Adhesive ~ W4S 55300 (400ml 1:1 Mix)
We cannot ship rigid items over 2.4m (8ft) in length due to freight restrictions. These products are offered for customer pickup only. Please refer to our Shipping Policy for further information.
Adhesive cartridge only ~ static mixer nozzle and applicator gun sold separately
W4S 2-part Methacrylate Adhesive (400ml 1:1 Mix)
Wired4Signs USA has worked together with a leading USA adhesives manufacturer to develop a 2-part Plastic Epoxy methacrylate adhesive to bond most substrates such as steel, aluminum, Plexiglass (Acrylics) and Polycarbonate, PET, ABS, and other plastics. This glue is commonly known as 2-part plastic epoxy but actually a methacrylate (MMA) is widely used for display, sign, electronics, bathtub ,marine, fiber glass and other industrial bonding applications.
See the advantages on the following blog and also, see our blog on structural bonding vs mechanical fastening. We also have an instructive overview of the two-part adhesive cartridge and static mixer systems.
- This product is manufactured in the USA and we ship stock out of Knoxville, TN, USA.
- Please contact us directly for bulk pricing or custom labeling options.
- This cartridge is not supplied with static mixer nozzles. Please order from the accessories below.
- This cartridge will require a reusable dispensing gun. Please order from the accessories below.
- The static mixers are disposable and last the set time of the glue. So as long as you keep the product moving the nozzles will work.
- This adhesive is available in two different colors - Cream (Straw) and Black (Negra)
We have a wide range of product formulation and cartridge type to virtually match any of our competitors products. Contact us to correctly cross reference the product.
Room Temperature Cure Properties
• Working Time 3 to 6 minutes (at 75°F/ 24°C)
• Fixture Time 10 to 15 minutes (at 75°F/ 24°C)
• Can be Moved In 18 to 24 minutes
• Operating Temp. 65°F to 85°F (18°C to 30°C)
• Gap Filling .250 inches
• Mixed Density 8.1 lbs/gal (.96 g/cc)
• Flash Point 51°F (11°C) – See SDS for more safety information
2. CHEMICAL RESISTANCE:
Excellent Resistance to: Susceptible to:
• Hydrocarbons Polar Solvents
• Acids and Bases Super Strong Acids and Bases
• Wine and Condiments
• Most Household Foods
3. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES:
Uncured: Resin Activator
• Viscosity(cps) 40,000 – 90,000 100,000 – 150,000
• Color Translucent Amber
• Density (lbs/gal) 8.2 8.0
• Mix Ratio (wt or vol) 1.0 1.0
• Mixer Recommendation Cartridge (200/400ml): MFQ 08-24T – Square 24 element
White/Green Mix Tips (1:1)
4. MECHANICAL PROPERTIES:
Tensile Strength (ASTM D638) Substrate Results Failure Type
• Strength, psi Fiberglass Surfaces 2,500+ Substrate
• Strength, psi ABS/PVC Sheeting 1,000+ Substrate
• Strength, psi Steel/Stainless Steel 2,500 – 3,500 Cohesive
• Strength, psi Aluminum 2,500 – 3,500 Cohesive
5. SPEC SHEET AND MATERIAL SAFETY DATA: