for expert service
Under cabinet & under counter LED lighting
We have extensive experience in custom LED lighting projects and installations. Today we will guide you through the process of selecting a custom under cabinet or under counter LED lighting solution.
The beauty of the under cabinet LED lighting which we supply is how customizable the product range is when it comes to look, length, color, light output and user controls.
Please contact us to discuss your project requirements.
Step 1: Choose an LED profile
LED profiles are also known as LED channels, and are typically an aluminum extrusion with a shape designed for a specific application such as corner mounting, recessed mounting or surface mounting. The profile typically also accommodates a cover or diffuser and end caps.
There are a number of important advantages to using an aluminum profile rather than simply fixing the LED tape to the cabinet:
- Provides an aesthetically pleasing finish
- Provides a clean, smooth mounting surface for the LED strip
- Protects the LED strip from physical damage
- Acts as a good heat sink, helping to dissipate heat generated by the LEDs
- The profile serves to hold the diffuser which softens the dot effect from the LED strip, reducing visible light spots so that even, smooth lighting is achieved
Here are some types of profiles that are typically suited to cabinet making or millwork projects:
Surface mounted profiles
Corner mounted profiles
Step 2: Choose an LED strip
The LED strip is the light source for your project. Selecting a suitable strip requires some understanding of the technical features of LED strip. Read our LED strip buyers guide to learn more about color, CRI, voltage, luminosity, cutting pitch and more.
We offer LED strip in white, colors and RGB. Browse our range of LED strips to select one for your project.
Step 3: Choose a power supply
Important: Power supplies should always be installed by a licensed electrician.
Please read our guide to common faults when installing LED power supplies.
All common LED strips require a direct current power supply (PSU), also known as a "driver". In addition, you may also install a dimmer (for single color strip, including white) or a controller (for tunable white or RGB strip).
When choosing a power supply for your project, you need to consider:
- How many power supplies do you require?
- If lighting sections are more than 10 feet apart, we recommend using a separate power supply for each section to avoid voltage losses.
- Always over-spec power supplies with 20-30% margin. For example, if your strip will require 25W (see our strip buyers guide) then it is recommended to purchase a 35W power supply.
- Always use suitably rated stranded wire to ensure minimum voltage loss.
Common solutions we cater for
kitchen under cabinet lighting, led strip lights under cabinet, wireless under cabinet lighting, led light bar under cabinet, under shelf lighting, kitchen lighting, under counter lighting, led under cabinet lighting, led shelf lighting, shelf lighting, bookshelf lighting
Please contact us to discuss your project requirements. Our sales team is ready to help you create the effect you want.
For very long linear LED installations, using 48V can be the solution to your volt-drop and brightness problems. Read more about 48V LED systems and why they work.Read now